“Application Testing Services Market Worth 50.14 Billion USD by 2022”
Based on organization size, the small & medium enterprises segment of the Application Testing Services Market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Today, application’s high performance is lavish but also a basic need for the business. Those days are gone when one had to apprehend customer/stakeholders about the benefits of performance testing. Now, organizations are only worried about the growing market change where they have to need to compete. Also, they have to get familiarized with the speed of changes to adapt time-to-market pressures. Hence, performance testing now becomes very crucial before the application goes live no matter whether it’s major or minor releases or sprint for an agile based project. There is no doubt that starting from requirement gathering to production analysis, application performance an utter importance.
Time for Continuous Regression Performance Testing
It is time to make continuous regression performance testing, a mandatory for all projects since early phases of SDLC, to avoid major failure and reduce overall development cost. Continuous regression performance testing is an ongoing activity. It is not limited to preproduction activity rather can be continued until post-deployment. This is absolutely required for leveraging flexibility, coverage and effectiveness.
Continuous performance regression testing always gives confidence ahead of deployment. It assures end-users for new features and eliminates the potential risk of arising new performance issues.
Advantages of Continuous Performance Regression Testing
- Quick exposure of performance bottlenecks: Once performance testing starts being performed in the initial stages of product development, the bottlenecks can be exposed – and thus fixed at the earlier stages.
- Saving of effort and costs: Since the bottleneck is exposed at an early stage and it may also be resolved earlier. This will reduce the time and resource requirements to fix the issues in a big way.
It’s a known fact that a bug resolved during production will save up to 5 times the cost compared to one that is found once a product is released.
- Reduced Bugs: Small bugs if left unchecked may lead to more complex errors in the later stages of production. With the bugs being caught earlier on in the cycle, not only the complexity of the bugs will be easier to manage but also the actual number of bugs to be fixed will also be much more manageable.
- Stabilized Application: As an Agile environment requires continuous iterations, it leads to more frequent and rigorous performance testing, the applications become far more stable, and all major risks such as hard coding of values and memory leaks are taken care of, adding the required stability.
- Reusable scripts lead to saving of effort: There may be multiple scripts in the performance testing process that may be reused going ahead. This re-use may lead to effort savings of up to 60%.
- Boosts Confidence: Because the product gets tested on all its parameters and for functionality so many times on an iterative basis, the organizations confidence and faith in its product gets reaffirmed and they can be sure of a scintillating success story.