- 50% of the users will go to different websites to accomplish a goal without switching browser
- 22% will never return to your site after a one bad experience
Most Fastest Browsers by Operating System
Most Popular Browsers by Operating System
With the above facts, it infers that cross-browser compatibility testing is very crucial with increasing versions of OSs and devices. The emergence of responsive web applications demands consistent user experience across browsers. But deadlines, agility and time to market makes it nearly impossible to try 100’s of combinations as the number of browser- versions supported gets added up. Thus, using appropriate tools and automation frameworks will help to achieve this goal. In this article, we have listed testing check list and cross-browser testing tools to help you make your cross-browser testing initiative a success.
Let’s take a look at a handy check list that can be referred while testing web project on different browsers and operating systems-
- CSS / HTML / XHTML validation
- Ajax and JQeury functionality check
- Font and font size validation
- Page layout validation with different resolutions
- Images and alignment
- Header and footer section validation
- Page content alignment check to centre, LHS or RHS
- Page styles validation
- Date format check
- Special characters with HTML encoding
- Page zoom-in and zoom-out functionality
Obviously these test are to be repeated in different OSs and browsers. The above checklist is not only for testers but also for the developers to design an effective web page or application.
Cross Browser Testing proves to be the biggest challenge for Software testers because of huge number of browser and device combinations. But, thanks to all the cross browser testing tools available online that help to minimize testing efforts.
Below is the list of few free and paid tools, which can be used for cross-browser compatibility testing.
Free Cross Browser Testing Tools:
- Spoon Browser Sandbox
- IE NetRenderer
- IE Tab
- IE Tester
- Microsoft SuperPreview
Paid Cross Browser Testing Tools:
- Adobe BrowserLab
- Sauce Labs
Few name might be missed. Please feel free to comment it below.