Most of the software development firms leverage mobile platforms to unveil their technology competency and promptness to capture the market share. Mobile platform is a new frontier for the business sustainability, growth and brand distinctiveness. But innovation of technologies brings many testing needs and challenges that suggest ways to Mobile Apps Testing.
Especially on the Mobile platform, software development and testing will be like two peas in a pod. Certainly not undermining the development effort here but goal of testing should be aligned with the quality of offerings.
Indium Success Stories
Indium Case Studies
Few Key challenges in Mobile Apps Testing
Compatibility Issue is a critical QA task that ensures the product/software application executes as desired across a broad set of user/client systems and configurations. Proliferation of browsers, operating systems and devices to ensure that all their software is rendered as intended across these platforms and to prevent expensive bugs/errors entering production/field/market.
Apple, Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, iPad, Samsung Tab to name a few
Various Combinations of browsers and Operating Systems.
Browsers: all versions of Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows, iOS, Android, Symbian
Test Script Automation
- iMOBI – Indium’s Mobile Automation Framework.
- Leverage the expertise in Test Automation and testing tool expertise.
- Implement and apply specific mobile application techniques for different environments and operating systems.
- Expertise in variety of applications and devices
Usability – Testing to evaluate the user experience on different apps on mobile devices
- Perform Usability testing to deliver the best experience possible
- Improved usability across platforms and operating systems, including web browsers, iOS, Android, Windows etc.
- Provide detailed recommendation for usability improvements
- Help the customers to optimize the website or application to be translated for mobile devices
Performance – Testing the requests and responses for better throughput
- Ensuring that the pages are retrieved within the expected limit
- Testing for throughput and application stability under increasing concurrent user load
- Recommendations to improve the performance of the mobile application
Indium’s Test center for Excellence lays a test strategy with a mix of different testing techniques and methods for best overall testing result, which balances the tradeoff between faster release cycle time, quality and costs.
Objective of our Mobile App testing
Establish confidence in the behavior of your mobile applications across devices & platforms. Prevent negative impacts to the brand and revenue streams.