In earlier times, most of the IT firms did not identify testing as an independent role during the implementation of the custom off the shelf software (COTS) product. To fit in business needs, packaged/enterprise applications undergo comprehensive customization during implementation, resulting in an increase in testing efforts to maintain quality and validate business specifications.
Some of the Key Testing Challenges of COTS Applications
- Migration and Modernization Issues
- Interoperability and Integration Issues
- Compatibility Issues
- Black Box Base tests on business processes used in the real world environment.
- Lack of Functional & Technical Requirements
Indium Success Stories
SOA Testing Case Study
Any packaged/enterprise application in complex IT environments, with changing business needs results in QA issues such as scalability, performance, integration, consistency and security. However, to ensure the applications deliver the desired results, organizations lack in adequate testing expertise with respect to test data and test scenarios. Indium’s idiosyncratic QA capabilities ensure technical robustness, usability and scalability of an application to meet user and business needs.
Our expertise offers a unique intermingling of technical skills, domain knowledge and business process/application expertise combined with in-depth product knowledge. Indium’s proven expertise and pre & post production testing help firms to rapidly create scalable test environments, shorten release cycles, reduce risks, superior agility and provide knowledge management roadmap.
Indium’s delivery practices and tools have been established and developed through their use in several projects and can be personalized to particular industry or implementation needs; ensuring the delivery of better solutions faster.
Key advantages Indium offer
- Indium’s IP solutions facilitate the accelerated testing resulting in reduced test cycle time and higher quality
- Enhanced test cases for maximum test coverage
- Reusable test artifacts to bring down test design phase by considerable time